A labor of love: If you’re a fan of Tim Burton films, and love movies then you’ve got a lot in common with this cast and crew. We want to tell this story and tell it with a unique visual style similar to Hollywood films of the 1950′s. Our budget is set to the minimal amount it will cost to make this film with the production values needed to capture the look and feel we’re aiming for. Completion of this film will depend on a lot of favors, and some compromises so any pledge you offer will help lift the quality of the film and minimize our production challenges. Come on board! Join us in our journey to bring this film to the screen; we’re looking forward to sharing the fun with you and plan to keep our backers fully updated on the production of this film…
Battling for Burton! is a 30 minute black and white satire and an homage to director Tim Burton. With an original story, it will also feature visual references to many of Burton’s films including Ed Wood, Vincent, Mars Attacks!, Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Frankenweenie.
- Adam J. Yeend (Liz & Dick, Stigma, Offing David)
- Rachael Taylor (666 Park Avenue, Transformers, Red Dog, Shutter)
- Ryan Dillon (LiTTLEROCK, Pearblossom HWY)
- Cerina Vincent (Eli Roth’s Cabin Fever, Not Another Teen Movie)
- Miracle Laurie (Joss Wedon’s Dollhouse, Any Day Now)
- Enver Gjokaj (Dollhouse, The Avengers)
- Max Osinski (Love and Other Drugs, In Time)
- Magnum the wolf (On-screen debut!)
- Dichen Lachman (Last Resort, Being Human, Dollhouse)
Battling for Burton! will be directed by John Fitzpatrick based on a script written by Adam J. Yeend. Deborah Mozer is producing. Steven Spielberg’s long-time script supervisor Ana-Maria Quintana is joining us as Associate Producer. James Pickel (Supernatural, Smallville) will serve as editor on the project. The rest of our production team will be announced as the campaign continues.
Donate on KickStarter
This film is by no way affiliated nor endorsed by Tim Burton or any of the producers of his film works.
Follow @tvfishbowl for your Television, Movie, Celebrity, Pop Culture, and Gossip scoop— TVFishBowl (@TVFishBowl) April 9, 2013